Updated 21st January 2019
Podcasting For Your Home Based Job Or Business
How to work with home business – podcasting – Although it has its roots dating back to the 1980’s it wasn’t until a few years ago that Podcasting was hailed as the wave of the future for people who worked from home.
The truth, however, is that podcasting is the here-and-now and is rapidly gaining momentum across the world.
You can use podcasts to advertise either in a work from home job or a work from home business.
What Is A Podcast?
You can use virtually any portable media player or your computer. Unlike Internet radio, users don’t have to ‘tune in’ to a particular broadcast. Instead, they download the podcast on demand or subscribe via an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed, which automatically downloads the podcast to their computers.
There are podcasts available for just about any topic you can think of from cooking to video games to religion. At the tail-end of last year a Google search for the term podcast returned 100 million results. The amazing reality of this is that it is still, in effect, an untapped market that will continue its growth in the years to come.
How To Podcast Marketing And Advertising
The media files are downloaded onto a computer, whether it is a home PC or a Mac, and then can be directly downloaded onto a digital media device like an iPod or other MP3 player. Many people simplify the podcast definition simply by calling it an online, prerecorded radio program over the Internet.
Working With Home Business
Home Business – Podcasting can have many uses for the home-based business owner to market what they are selling or promoting. It can be useful not only advertise, but to also communicate your business message.
Below are 5 podcast internet marketing tips to benefit your business:
- Reach your niche market – Depending on your product, podcasting can be the perfect way to reach new groups of people in your market. Believe it or not, there are people out there looking for the product you provide and this enables them to easily find them.
Podcasts are quickly becoming a new advertising venue as well. A podcast that is listed in podcasting directories such as iTunes can reach millions of listeners. This can be a very inexpensive method for advertisers on a budget.
The popularity of podcasts is a steadily growing trend. Many people who are just beginning to learn about podcasts will search for topics they are interested in. This is a great way to reach customers that you would not have been able to reach before the advent of podcasting.
- Share your passion – Podcasting is a great way to share what you love. If you are excited about a topic or product, chances are that others out there are, too. A podcast on the topic you are passionate about is a great way to connect with others who also share that same passion.
People can hear your excitement over the “airwaves.” I always enjoy listening to a program when the speaker is obviously energized about whatever it is they are speaking on. So, when recording your podcast, keep a smile on your face and allow your excitement to show.
- Share information – Many home-based businesses have begun because they are filling a need. A podcast can help this information reach the people that it will benefit. For example, the CWAHM.com website was created to help women be at home with their children while still contributing to their families financially. Many of the sites’ visitors are by moms who may not have the time to scour the hundreds of pages the site contains. Their podcast, Christian Work At Home Moment, airs once a week and is 24 minutes long. It’s an easy way for moms to learn more about working from home without spending hours on their computer.
Make it a point to research your topic and find all of the interesting and little known facets of passion. Keep your listeners interested and they will want to hear more!
- Become an “Expert” in your field – Creating a podcast can help to establish you as an “expert” in the area your broadcast covers. You must be willing to take the time, do the research and share information that is valuable and useful to your listeners.
Just as authors become experts by researching and writing on specific topics, podcasters become experts by sharing the information they find with their listening audience. There is a big market for podcasts in a multitude of areas – the next expert could be YOU!
- It’s easy – A podcast can be started with virtually no cost or investment. In most cases, there is no need to be “tech savvy” to be a podcast creator. It can be as simple as using a phone to record your podcast through a service like Audio.com. There are, of course, more complicated set-ups, but to begin you truly just need a topic, a phone and a quiet spot to record.
Podcasting is easy for listeners as well. A podcast can be listened to directly from a website or downloaded from iTunes and put directly on a smart phone or tablet.
Online Home Business – Podcasting Benefits
There are many reasons that a podcast can benefit small and home-based businesses. This growing market is an entirely new way to communicate information to the world. When it comes to podcasting, the sky’s the limit. So take your business to new levels and start podcasting today.
There you go folks, a great way to get yourself, your home business and your product or service in front of the masses.
Please take a minute or two to leave a comment below and let me and other readers know your own thoughts on working from home.
Have an awesome day and be successful.
Warmest wishes for your future success.