26th April 2019
Selling On Wholesale On Ebay As A Home Business Enterprise
How to make money with an eBay Store – The success of the online market has been surging for years now; the demands for such a marketplace are still increasing. There are many people who are now utilizing the online places for buying, selling and reselling goods and commodities as an online work from home business.
If you’re accustomed to browsing the Net, you must have come across eBay. It’s an online site where you will find people buying and selling goods as well as services worldwide; eBay is also known for managing online auctions and shopping websites to facilitate this.
Everyday, millions of items and services are being listed, bought and sold in eBay and other online companies. These include collectibles, appliances, computers, furniture, equipment, vehicles, clothing etc. You name it, its being sold on the internet every single day of the year by a whole lot of companies.
How To Work At Home Business – Online With eBay
But the online company I will deal with in this article is eBay. Therefore aside from the bricks and mortar businesses a few years back, selling wholesale has found its way to eBay.
It’s believed that there are millions of registered users in eBay worldwide; hence, you can conclude that millions of consumers are searching for merchandise on eBay. With these figures, you can assume that there is a substantial market for any wholesaler, manufacturer, importer, distributor or a home business owner.
Thus, as a home business enterprise wholesale for eBay sellers has been quite popular among home business owners for eBay users. One reason why wholesale for eBay sellers is great is that it has a very good turn over; some auctions last only for few days which means sellers will need more merchandise.
Ebay For A Home Business
Now, if you’re interested in offering wholesale for eBay for your home business enterprise, here are some tips that you might want to consider:
- Investigate. Yes! You need to know which products are in demand on eBay; this way, you will know which items those eBay sellers are interested in buying wholesale and what you will wholesale for eBay sellers.
- Research Closing Prices. Next thing you should do for great wholesale to eBay sellers is to conduct a research regarding the closing prices of auctions on eBay. This is to know how much any items of merchandise are usually sold for on eBay and in turn you’ll know how much you should wholesale for eBay sellers for your commodities.
- List Your Wholesale in Directories. Basically, you cannot contact an eBay seller directly; hence, for you to have a good outcome in wholesale for eBay sellers, you should get your wholesale business listed in directories and eBooks that most eBay users use.
Now, if you want to have a successful wholesale for eBay sellers business, you need to understand what motivate your target customers so you can maximize your sales. You can base your analysis through your customer’s needs.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for good deals on wholesale for eBay sellers you should be at all times careful in your analysis of the wholesale products and the seller offering the commodities. Below are tips that an eBay seller should take when looking for wholesale for eBay sellers products.
Selling Ebay Tips
- You should determine the direction of the eBay business. Be sharp and analytic; when a seller starts to sell used clothing, it won’t mean that they want to build an eBay business selling used clothing
- Next thing to do is to decide whether the eBay business or the wholesale for eBay sellers products will be based on volume or price. EBay sellers looking for wholesale for eBay seller products should know whether they’ll be conducting lots of auctions for low-priced merchandise or instead sell fewer, but higher-priced items.
- You should investigate the eBay marketplace for best wholesale for eBay sellers products. You need to see whether the wholesale product you plan to sell is viable; use the number of similar “wholesale for eBay sellers” products being sold and listed on eBay.
- Test out your market – You could test your market by placing a small order and see the result.
There are lots of ways for you to find the best deals on wholesale for eBay sellers; every eBay seller has their way of getting their products sold and also selling them. But the first and best thing to do if you want to be successful in wholesale for eBay sellers deals is market research, and lots of it.
Here’s a link to a web page on ‘How To’ open an eBay store. I’m sure you will pick up even more tips and advice from it. I published another article within this site on starting an online business with eBay here. Lots of tips and advice in it as well folks, so worth a read.
You can do your research in your own manual way; but using market research tools for wholesale for eBay sellers that are available on the Internet has proven to be more effective. In this process, you might need a moderate amount of investment but the information that is compiled and presented is indispensable to a achieve a successful and profitable wholesale for eBay sellers business.
Also be aware if you are just a beginner you could make a lot of mistakes.
Here’s a video for you to watch outlining some of them. Also be aware it is rather a long one but well worth the watch.
However if you’d prefer not to watch the video, then here is a summary of the 11 tips:
- Margins Aren’t High Enough
- No Listing Routine In Place
- Your Pictures Need Improvement
- Your Wasting Time Creating Listings From Scratch
- Unwilling To Try New Sourcing Methods
- Only Selling Auction Style
- Offering NO Returns
- Shipping TOO SLOW!
- Not Having An Ebay Store
- Not Using Shipping Labels From Ebay
- No Clear Vision
Having a clear understanding of how wholesaling works in an open market like eBay along with reliable research will give you the chance to multiply your chances of having a successful wholesale for eBay sellers business.
Now lets move on to…
Product Pricing and Traffic Tips for Ebay Sellers and Drop-Shippers
What To Dropship – How To Dropship
One of the most common mistakes new drop-shippers make is pricing their items without taking into account the fees that are involved in completing the transaction. There is a simple way to avoid falling victim to this mistake and make a profit on every sale. More info in this article on dropshipping.
Formula for setting a profitable price:
Wholesale cost + Shipping Fee + Drop-ship Fee + Profit you desire to make = Preliminary price
Preliminary price + 15% = Sale price
It is necessary to add at least 15% to your preliminary price to cover your Paypal fee for payment received and your Ebay listing fees and final value fees. You can spend the time to calculate exactly the fees that will be associated with the sale of your item if you have the motivation and then you can adjust the 15% that you add to your preliminary price accordingly.
Once you have decided on a total sale price you need to decide how to break it up. For example, if your total sale price is going to be $50 you can list the item for $35 with $15 shipping.
Use your common sense when deciding how to proceed. Lower item prices are attractive to buyers but outrageous shipping costs will kill your sales.
Again, search for similar items on eBay to see how other sellers are pricing their items and shipping.
Ebay Listing Optimization
As you are setting your pricing you should also take the time to optimize your listing title. A good title states clearly and concisely what the item is, what condition its in, and if you can squeeze it in it’s a huge bonus to add the MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) to the title – especially on items that you can offer a substantial discount.
Nikon d70 Digital Camera w/ extras! NEW! MSRP-$1800
200 Rolls Kodak 400 Film. FREE shipping! 50% off retail!
Lot of 5 belt buckles-Many choices-Retail $85
Once you have set your pricing and titles you are ready to start driving traffic to your Ebay listings.
Now lets look at how to optimize your ability to tap into the 100’s of millions of users on Ebay. The wonderful thing about Ebay is that you don’t have to worry about advertising since there are already millions of customers at your disposal every day.
All you need to do is optimize your listings and take advantage of a few key insider secrets to drive Ebayers to your listings again and again.
Optimizing Your Listings in Ebay:
Go through your listings one at a time and do the following:
- As already discussed earlier in the article, you title is crucial. When you feel there is not enough space in the title field to include the necessary information, add a subtitle. Items with subtitles are more likely to sell.
- Add a gallery preview photo to your listing. I cannot stress this enough! Items with gallery previews are 35% more likely to sell.
- Use the listing designer to spruce up your listing. The more professional your listing looks the more likely you are to win the sale over a competitor who has a dull presentation.
- Clearly state your return policy! You can check Doba’s return policy in the item product details under the supplier notice tab. Potential buyers are more likely to purchase if there is a return policy available.
- Offer combined shipping discounts and clearly state the details in your auction details.
Use Ebay’s cross promotion tools to gain a ton of exposure for all your items.
Driving Traffic To Your Listings:
Use Ebays cross promotion tools to gain exposure for all your listings every time someone views one of your products on your particular store listings. This is accomplished by adding a window to the bottom of your listings that constantly scrolls through your other items for sale.
The settings are highly customizable to suit your style and needs and its very easy to set up through Ebay.
Here’s a tutorial you might like to browse to get some idea how you should use the tools.
End your listings on Wednesday or Sunday evenings. Statistically items ending on these nights have a higher sale rate. This is because this is when consumers are typically at home and using eBay, and buyers love to snatch up items that are ending soon.
Open an eBay Store and watch your traffic explode. All you need is a basic subscription which is only $9.95 a month. It easily pays for itself when you consider that it is only 11 cents insertion fee to add an item to your store whereas running auctions and fixed price listings can cost $2, $3, $4 or more for the insertion fee.
Drive Traffic Your Ebay Store
Once you have an ebay store you can explode your traffic by following these simple steps:
- Build your store inventory using the niche model
- Select one or two hot items to send to auction or fixed price. Add a subtitle to those auctions that advertises your eBay store.
For example if you are selling handbags send two to fixed price with a subtitle that reads “Many more great deals on handbags at my eBay store”. This simple process will drive buyers to your store even if they are not interested in the specific item you have sent to fixed price.
You can further increase the effectiveness of this approach by highlighting your fixed price items with bold or highlighted options available when setting up your listing.
Finally with an eBay store you can utilize the Markdown Manager tool to create sales on items according to your parameters. Buyers are suckers for a discount and this will greatly increase your store inventory sales.
There are dozens of other ways to drive traffic to your listings and store to increase sales but I’m not going to get into detail with that here. This article is meant to give you a solid start in your new business and for now this is all you really need to do to guarantee your success.
How To Create A Free Website In – 30 seconds
One final thing for your store. You will need a website to show it to the masses who are going to be your potential customers and eBay likes to see the people who sell on their site have their own website and online store.
To that end you can get two sites for free here. They will also be hosted on the internet for you at no cost.
There’s great training on how to create and build out a website as well as other ways you can earn an income from the internet from home, so what have you got to lose?
My very best wishes for your success, and if you get stuck then please do get in touch.