Updated 17th August 2019
How To Choose The Right Affiliate Program To Earn An Income From [Points Checklist]
So what’s the best way to make money online, for a decent income that is, and how do you find the best affiliate program? I say this because I’m afraid that not all affiliate programs are created equal.
In fact, some companies hardly put forth any effort at all, leaving their affiliates to fend for themselves. Other companies, however, take great steps to support their affiliates and to motivate them to promote their products.
The ‘How To’ Of Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
Below, and in my experience are the main points to follow to finding the best affiliate program to make money with, and that’s also the best program fit for you. These points are especially important,
- Start the search. Search affiliate program directories for top level programs. And research online. Visit websites that provide products and services relevant to your chosen niche and search for ‘affiliate program’ ‘partners’ or other words which might indicate they have an affiliate program. Make a note of the products, services and companies that interest you. If need be then dig a little deeper until you find a program that’s a good fit for you.
- Evaluate commission percentages. This isn’t the first point to evaluate but its certainly not the last and it may not be the most important. However, make note of the commission rates each of your potential affiliate programs pay. Consider creating a spreadsheet to compare programs so you can choose the best ones based on all the criteria once you’ve gathered the information.
- Evaluate cookies. No, not chocolate chip cookies, but those little tracking devices that tell a company where a customer came from. Lifetime cookies are the ideal because then no matter when your visitor decides to make a purchase, you get the credit for it. If the cookie only lasts a week or a month, you may miss out on sales commissions.
- What does their sales page look like and what is their conversion rate? Your job as an affiliate is to pre-sell. You want to make sure you’re sending people to a sales page that converts visitors into buyers. If you visit a potential affiliate program’s sales page and the website or sales page just doesn’t work then you know all your pre-selling efforts are going to be wasting a lot of time and effort.
- Support and marketing materials. What do you get when you’re an affiliate? Some companies provide an abundance of information and marketing materials, others provide a link and nothing more. The link only programs aren’t necessarily bad. But it’s nice to have buttons, content, graphics and other materials to help promote a product or service.
How You Get Paid In Affiliate Marketing
As long as they fulfill those five steps above you know you are getting involved with a good program. However your potential customers are important too, so you should also review their customer service.
You not only want to have a good customer service experience as an affiliate with top notch affiliate support. You also want to know that the customers you send to this company are going to be treated well and their custom is appreciated.
Its always nice to know you will get paid, and on time as well. So ask how often do they pay? Some affiliate programs pay quarterly, some pay as soon as you earn a commission from a sale.
Slow payers aren’t necessarily bad programs. It just helps to know when you can expect to get your money.
As more and more companies realize the benefits of having an affiliate team, they’re not only creating affiliate programs, they’re improving their programs too. This means there are many good affiliate programs for you to choose from. Just make sure you choose a good one. Do your research folks!
How To In Affiliate Marketing
To finish – Of course the best way to earning an income from Affiliate Programs is to promote them and their products on your own website. To that end I will point you in the direction of an online company where you will have access to a training program that will take you step by step to building an affiliate website.
You will also have access to training videos that will show you the how to in affiliate marketing, and so get you up and running and earning an income from it.
Click on the graphic above and it will take you to a signup form where you simply enter your details (no credit card required) and you are taken straight to the website.
You can create a Profile of yourself to let the other members know who you are. It always helps as well if you can upload a pic of yourself so the membership can put a face to the name. Or if you prefer you can leave this for another day.
You can then get started right away by clicking on the word Training on the left of the screen and choose the top one in the next section called Online Entrepreneur Certification.
This will give you access to the first ten lessons and within those lessons is the training to create and build out your affiliate website. You can also access the Affiliate Marketing Page and check out the various categories and their products (see image below). What could be simpler?
There is also 24/7, 365 days a year help and support. There is a ‘Live Chat’ function where you can ask question till the cows come home no matter where in the world you live.
There are also over a million and a half members you can ask for help (time zones permitting of course), and you can contact me personally if and when you ever get stuck on something.
What more can I say folks but take action because if you don’t, tomorrow you will still be in the same position you are in today and no further forward to being your own boss with your own business.
So, C’mon, get started on your new career as a home business owner today. After all, its free.
My Very Best Regards.
About Me Page
My Wealthy Affiliate Profile Page